-   -   looping problem (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/410155-looping-problem.html)

Ewing25

looping problem

When i click cancel it comes up with an error "Run time error'13', type
mismatch"

Here is my code so far

Private Sub Worksheet_Activate()
Call TripsCopy
End Sub

Sub TripsCopy()
Dim Trips As Integer
Dim tr As Integer

Trips = InputBox("Enter no. of trips")
If Trips 1 Then
'Sheets("Individual Trip").Select
For tr = 1 To Trips
Sheets("Individual Trip").Copy After:=Sheets(Sheets.Count)
Next

Mike H.

looping problem

When you select cancel trips has the value = "", which is not an integer.
Change the declaration of trip to be:
Dim trips as variant

and this problem is solved!

"Ewing25" wrote:

When i click cancel it comes up with an error "Run time error'13', type
mismatch"

Here is my code so far

Private Sub Worksheet_Activate()
Call TripsCopy
End Sub

Sub TripsCopy()
Dim Trips As Integer
Dim tr As Integer

Trips = InputBox("Enter no. of trips")
If Trips 1 Then
'Sheets("Individual Trip").Select
For tr = 1 To Trips
Sheets("Individual Trip").Copy After:=Sheets(Sheets.Count)
Next

Ewing25

looping problem

Okay i changed it and its still giving me the same error.

"Ewing25" wrote:

When i click cancel it comes up with an error "Run time error'13', type
mismatch"

Here is my code so far

Private Sub Worksheet_Activate()
Call TripsCopy
End Sub

Sub TripsCopy()
Dim Trips As Integer
Dim tr As Integer

Trips = InputBox("Enter no. of trips")
If Trips 1 Then
'Sheets("Individual Trip").Select
For tr = 1 To Trips
Sheets("Individual Trip").Copy After:=Sheets(Sheets.Count)
Next

Mike H.

looping problem

Change
If Trips 1 Then

If Trips < "" And Trips < 0 Then

"Ewing25" wrote:

When i click cancel it comes up with an error "Run time error'13', type
mismatch"

Here is my code so far

Private Sub Worksheet_Activate()
Call TripsCopy
End Sub

Sub TripsCopy()
Dim Trips As Integer
Dim tr As Integer

Trips = InputBox("Enter no. of trips")
If Trips 1 Then
'Sheets("Individual Trip").Select
For tr = 1 To Trips
Sheets("Individual Trip").Copy After:=Sheets(Sheets.Count)
Next

Ewing25

looping problem

works perfectly thanks!