-   -   Functions (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/409999-functions.html)

fishonspeed

Functions

I've made a custom function and I want the value displayed in the cell to
show up as a percentage but don't want to have to togle the % style manually
every time I use it. I've tried everything I can think of to get it to show
up as a percent but get the #VALUE error every time. The Selection.Style =
"Percent" works in macros and whatnot. Does it not work in functions? or is
there some other way you have to do it in functions?

Bob Phillips

Functions

No it doesn't, you cannot get a function to set any of the cell attributes.

You could format the value as a percentage and return that, but then it
would be text not a number.

--
HTH

Bob

"fishonspeed" wrote in message
I've made a custom function and I want the value displayed in the cell to
show up as a percentage but don't want to have to togle the % style
manually
every time I use it. I've tried everything I can think of to get it to
show
up as a percent but get the #VALUE error every time. The Selection.Style =
"Percent" works in macros and whatnot. Does it not work in functions? or
is
there some other way you have to do it in functions?

fishonspeed[_2_]

Functions

Can a function call a macro inside of itself to set the cell format style?
--
I dispise your poor English and inability to use punctuation correctly ...
or at all.

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

No it doesn't, you cannot get a function to set any of the cell attributes.

You could format the value as a percentage and return that, but then it
would be text not a number.

--
HTH

Bob

"fishonspeed" wrote in message
I've made a custom function and I want the value displayed in the cell to
show up as a percentage but don't want to have to togle the % style
manually
every time I use it. I've tried everything I can think of to get it to
show
up as a percent but get the #VALUE error every time. The Selection.Style =
"Percent" works in macros and whatnot. Does it not work in functions? or
is
there some other way you have to do it in functions?

Dave Peterson

Functions

If it's originally started from a worksheet cell, then your function can't do
it.

No matter how deep you bury it in subroutines and functions, excel still knows
it started on a worksheet.