Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default macros on an invoice

I found a web sit that I copyed the data off of so it could have my invoice
number update automaticaly. I was wondering if thier was a way that it
wouldn't update untill I entered something into a specefic cell. What I mean
is I don't want the invoice number to update untill I enter the cumber number
inthe field. The code i'm using is
Private Sub Workbook_Open()
Const sAPPLICATION As String = "Excel"
Const sSECTION As String = "Invoice"
Const sKEY As String = "Invoice_key"
Const nDEFAULT As Long = 1&
Dim nNumber As Long

With ThisWorkbook.Sheets("Invoice")
With .Range("g6")
If IsEmpty(.Value) Then
.Value = Date
.NumberFormat = "mmmmmmmmmm dd, yyyy"
End If
End With
With .Range("g5")
If IsEmpty(.Value) Then
nNumber = GetSetting(sAPPLICATION, sSECTION, sKEY,
nDEFAULT)
.NumberFormat = "@"
.Value = Format(nNumber, "0000")
SaveSetting sAPPLICATION, sSECTION, sKEY, nNumber + 1&
End If
End With
End With
End Sub

I really don't need it to update the date I just didn't know how to get rid
of this code