-   -   Merging 3 rows of numbers together (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/409947-merging-3-rows-numbers-together.html)

Mary C[_3_]

Merging 3 rows of numbers together

I have 3 columns of numbers and in each row I need to merge the those 3
columns together to become one number. example: 50 00008895 2007. I
can get them to merge but the formula keeps dropping the 0's
--
Mary C

Tom Hutchins

Merging 3 rows of numbers together

If you concatenate the three cells like this
=A1&B1&C1
and the zeros before 8895 get dropped, it may be that 8895 is stored as a
number with a custom format (like "00000000") to display the leading zeros.
If it was stored as text, it should keep the zeros when you concatenate it.
If the entries in the 00008895 column are always 8 characters, then a formula
like the following may work for you:
=A1&TEXT(B1,"00000000")&C1

Hope this helps,

Hutch