-   -   Many to One Lookup Match in Drop Down List (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/409944-many-one-lookup-match-drop-down-list.html)

colorado808

Many to One Lookup Match in Drop Down List

Hi,

I have 1000 customers, with 1 to 6 ship-to cities for each of the customers.

I have 1 pull down where a user picks a customer.

Problem: In a second cell, i would like to lookup up the multiple ship-to
cities for that customer selected in the first cell, and have the user be
able to choose from a pull down the 1-6 cities that matched the first cell.
I have done this in Access, but can't figure it out in Exel....

Please let me know.

Thanks,
Joan

John

Many to One Lookup Match in Drop Down List

have a look at this site:
there are some good working examples you can download for free - may not be
complete anwser for what you want but should set you off in right direction.
--
jb

"colorado808" wrote:

Hi,

I have 1000 customers, with 1 to 6 ship-to cities for each of the customers.

I have 1 pull down where a user picks a customer.

Problem: In a second cell, i would like to lookup up the multiple ship-to
cities for that customer selected in the first cell, and have the user be
able to choose from a pull down the 1-6 cities that matched the first cell.
I have done this in Access, but can't figure it out in Exel....

Please let me know.

Thanks,
Joan

colorado808

Many to One Lookup Match in Drop Down List

Thank you very much, John. I am sifting through the website, hopefully I'll
find a close fit! Thank you for sending me a link to this resource!

Sincerely,
Joan