-   -   Vlookup not refreshing data values (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/409941-vlookup-not-refreshing-data-values.html)

PurpleMilk

Vlookup not refreshing data values

Hi,

I have too worksheets. One is a master file of information. The second one
pulls in data from the master file using vlookups.

When building the vlookups for the first time, the data populated as
expected. However, I made a change to the master file, saved and closed it,
but when I opened up the secondary file, the data did not update.

When I open up the master file, then the secondary sheet updated correctly.
Auto-calculate is already turned on.

There is protection built into the secondary sheet so that users are unable
to update the sheet - could this be causing the problem?

If yes, how can I get the secondary file to refresh - without opening the
master?

Thanks, Mary-Lou