-   -   VBA - before delete (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/409868-vba-before-delete.html)

wana be xl master

VBA - before delete

Hi there,

I'm using Workbook_SheetChange event. How can I capture the cell value
before user press delete button, then through the if statement if the
condition fails I want to put back the same value on the cell.

Appreciate any help.
Thanks,

Howard Kaikow

VBA - before delete

"wana be xl master" wrote in
message ...
Hi there,

I'm using Workbook_SheetChange event. How can I capture the cell value
before user press delete button, then through the if statement if the
condition fails I want to put back the same value on the cell.

Appreciate any help.
Thanks,

Use Worksheet_SelectionChange.
I've not tested, but I expect that Worksheet_SelectionChange
occurs before the user does ant hanky panky in a selection..

Otto Moehrbach[_2_]

VBA - before delete

Something like:
Dim NewValue as string
Dim OldValue as string
NewValue=Target.Value
Application.EnableEvents=False
Application.Undo
OldValue=Target.Value
'Do your check here
'Note that the old value is in the target cell. Leave it if you wish
or:
Target.Value=NewValue
Application.EnableEvents=True
Otto
"wana be xl master" wrote in
message ...
Hi there,

I'm using Workbook_SheetChange event. How can I capture the cell value
before user press delete button, then through the if statement if the
condition fails I want to put back the same value on the cell.

Appreciate any help.
Thanks,

wana be xl master

VBA - before delete

Thanks Otto & Horward.
As Otto sugested the "undo" works perfectly.