-   -   Format Cells with VBA? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/409748-format-cells-vba.html)

Gustaf

Format Cells with VBA?

In my Excel app, I load and save data to/from Access, using VBA/ADO code. Loading dates from Access is problematic. I get 39448 rather than 2008-01-01. I can change it manually with Format Cells and pick the short date format, but how would you do that in VBA? Do I have to set the data type for each cell? Setting it beforehand for the whole column doesn't seem to work.

Gustaf

Gary''s Student

Format Cells with VBA?

After you have completed the import into Excel, run:

Sub Macro1()
Columns("A:A").NumberFormat = "yyyy-mm-dd"

Gary''s Student - gsnu2007h