-   -   Solver dialog box (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/409711-solver-dialog-box.html)

gtoffoli

Solver dialog box

I am trying to use the solver function within a macro and I want the macro to
end not with the "solve" button in the solve dialog box, but with the
solution itself in the worksheet. Is it possible to do that? Thanks!

Gary''s Student

Solver dialog box

Try something like this:

Sub Macro1()
SolverOk SetCell:="$A$2", MaxMinVal:=3, ValueOf:="0", ByChange:="$A$1"
SolverSolve UserFinish:=True
End Sub

This is an easy example of setting A2 to zero by updating A1. The UserFinish
statement avoids the last dialog box that asks if you want to keep the result.

By the way. VBA Help is not very helpful on this topic. Better see:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/843304#5

--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200780