-   -   Menu disappears when selecting a graph (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/409671-menu-disappears-when-selecting-graph.html)

Fernando

Menu disappears when selecting a graph

Hello

I have a vba excel 2003 application that adds a menu to the menu bar with
CommandBarPopup. When a graph object is selected, the menu disappears along
with the 'data' menu, how can I avoid this? 'data' menu is not important, but
the other is

thanks

fernando

Ron de Bruin

Menu disappears when selecting a graph

This are two different menu's fernando.
You must add your menu to the worksheet menu bar and the chart bar

Worksheet Menu Bar
Chart Menu Bar

--

Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm

"fernando" wrote in message ...
Hello

I have a vba excel 2003 application that adds a menu to the menu bar with
CommandBarPopup. When a graph object is selected, the menu disappears along
with the 'data' menu, how can I avoid this? 'data' menu is not important, but
the other is

thanks

fernando

FSt1

Menu disappears when selecting a graph

hi
this is excel being helpful. when a chart is selected, excel seems to
replace the standard menu with another, remove custom additions, the data
menu and adds a chart menu. on deselect, excel puts everything back(thank
you). since this seems to be hard coded into excel, the only solution i know
of is to put you custom stuff on a custom menu/toobar that helpful excel wont
zap as it's being helpful.

my thoughts
FSt1

"fernando" wrote:

Hello

I have a vba excel 2003 application that adds a menu to the menu bar with
CommandBarPopup. When a graph object is selected, the menu disappears along
with the 'data' menu, how can I avoid this? 'data' menu is not important, but
the other is

thanks

fernando

Jon Peltier

Menu disappears when selecting a graph

There are two Excel menu bars: Worksheet Menu Bar and Chart Menu Bar. The
Chart Menu Bar is activated when a chart is selected, otherwise the
Worksheet Menu Bar is activated. Any controls added to the Worksheet Menu
Bar should also be added to the Chart Menu Bar if you need them available
while a chart is active.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP