-   -   Command Button VB Code w/hyperlinks (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/409526-command-button-vbulletin-code-w-hyperlinks.html)

glenn

Command Button VB Code w/hyperlinks

This should be easy, but...
I want to hard code a hyperlink (URL) in the code for a command button, via
Private Sub CommandButton1_Click()

what code goes here....?
End Sub

I'm using Excel 2003.
By clicking the command button I want to open a browser and connect to the
URL coded.

Dave Peterson

Command Button VB Code w/hyperlinks

ThisWorkbook.Hyperlinks.FollowHyperlink Address:="Http://www.microsoft.com"

You may want to use a control from the Drawing toolbar (prettier shapes???) and
rightclick and use Assign hyperlink.

--

Dave Peterson

Gary''s Student

Command Button VB Code w/hyperlinks

Here is code for a Forms Button:

Sub Button1_Click()
MsgBox (" ")
ActiveWorkbook.FollowHyperlink Address:="http://www.cnn.com"
Gary''s Student - gsnu200779

"Glenn" wrote:

This should be easy, but...
I want to hard code a hyperlink (URL) in the code for a command button, via
Private Sub CommandButton1_Click()

what code goes here....?
End Sub

I'm using Excel 2003.
By clicking the command button I want to open a browser and connect to the
URL coded.

glenn

Command Button VB Code w/hyperlinks

Related to the 'Address' line I get a compile error, indicating it's
expecting an expression. This applies to your solution and the one supplied
by Gary''s Student. I may need to use your alternate idea, but for now I'd
like to learn how to make this work. I'm sure there's a way, but.....? As
in all things VB, syntax and other considerations (knowledge and experience)
are paramount to success. I don't know if there is different functionality
as involves user forms and buttons, or what.
Thanks....

Glenn wrote:

This should be easy, but...
I want to hard code a hyperlink (URL) in the code for a command button, via
Private Sub CommandButton1_Click()

what code goes here....?
End Sub

I'm using Excel 2003.
By clicking the command button I want to open a browser and connect to the
URL coded.

--

Dave Peterson

glenn

Command Button VB Code w/hyperlinks

I did get this to work - I misinterpreted the word wrap as to syntax....my bad.
Thanks