-   -   using Application.Run (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/409426-using-application-run.html)

WhytheQ

using Application.Run

if the xls file xxx is open and I try the following then Bob's your
Uncle the code runs fine:

Sub runMe()
Application.Run "xxx.xls!xxx"
End Sub

if the xls file is closed and I run the following:

Sub runMe()
Application.Run "'C:\Documents and Settings\xxx.xls!xxx"
End Sub

.....the target file xxx opens but it then errors out before running
the macro

Anbody know why this happens

Any help appreciated
JasonQ