-   -   Deleting filtered data (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/409336-deleting-filtered-data.html)

davethewelder

Deleting filtered data

Hi, I have a macro which filters data and deletes using the code below.

Cells.Select

With Selection
.AutoFilter Field:=30, Criteria1:="1"

Selection.EntireRow.Delete Shift:=xlUp
End With
Unfortuantely this deletes the header row as well. Does anyone know how to
avoid this happening?

Any help greatly appreciated.

cheers,

Davie

Ron de Bruin

Deleting filtered data

See this example
http://www.rondebruin.nl/delete.htm#AutoFilter

--

Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm

"davethewelder" wrote in message
Hi, I have a macro which filters data and deletes using the code below.

Cells.Select

With Selection
.AutoFilter Field:=30, Criteria1:="1"

Selection.EntireRow.Delete Shift:=xlUp
End With
Unfortuantely this deletes the header row as well. Does anyone know how to
avoid this happening?

Any help greatly appreciated.

cheers,

Davie

davethewelder

Deleting filtered data

Ron, thanks for the quick reply. The example worked perfectly.

I posted a problem on the site three days ago but unfortunately no-one has
picked it up and I am running out of time to complete this report. Could you
possibly have a look at it. It is called "Formatting cell and adjacent cell".

If you can't, thanks anyway.

Davie