-   -   Excel VBA macro to send email attachment from default email client (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/409258-excel-vba-macro-send-email-attachment-default-email-client.html)

wifigoo

Excel VBA macro to send email attachment from default email client

Hello,

I would need help to create a VBA macro that will send an email attachment
(a .zip file which contains an encrypted Workbook) using the default email
client (not necessarily Outlook). I would need to be able to specify the
"To:" email address and the "Subject:". I don't need to specify any message
body, but this might be helpful to others.

Thank you so much for your help.
Kindest regards,
Olivier.

[email protected]

Excel VBA macro to send email attachment from default emailclient

On Apr 12, 10:42*am, wifigoo
wrote:
Hello,

I would need help to create a VBA macro that will send an email attachment
(a .zip file which contains an encrypted Workbook) using the default email
client (not necessarily Outlook). I would need to be able to specify the
"To:" email address and the "Subject:". I don't need to specify any message
body, but this might be helpful to others.

Thank you so much for your help.
Kindest regards,
Olivier.

Oliver,

You need to use a windows API call - most people I know use a
"cookbook" approach to these. John Walkenbach has a good page which
demonstrates the API call: http://www.j-walk.com/SS/excel/tips/tip86.htm

or try Ron De Bruin's site: http://www.rondebruin.nl/

Hope this helps,

Alex

wifigoo

Excel VBA macro to send email attachment from default email cl

Thanks Alex.

I had come across the tips provided by Walkenback and Ron de Bruin.
Unfortunately, the former uses a mailto URL which doesn't allow any
attachments and the later requires an smtp server to be specified. I wish to
send a survey to numerous people in the form of a spreadsheet. I would like
people to be able to respond and send the form back by the click of a button.
I do not know in advance which email clients or smtp servers are being used.

Thank you for trying to help me out.
Have a great day.
Olivier

" wrote:

On Apr 12, 10:42 am, wifigoo
wrote:
Hello,

I would need help to create a VBA macro that will send an email attachment
(a .zip file which contains an encrypted Workbook) using the default email
client (not necessarily Outlook). I would need to be able to specify the
"To:" email address and the "Subject:". I don't need to specify any message