-   -   using mouse click events in macros (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/409251-using-mouse-click-events-macros.html)

spgandau

using mouse click events in macros

I am trying to use the mouse to select a cell, and based on that cell
selection, I want a macro to execute.....but I do not see any excel functions
or VBA functions that will activate upon any mouse click/selection.

Any help would be appreciated!

David McRitchie

using mouse click events in macros

see Event Macros, Worksheet Events and Workbook Events

HTH,
David McRitchie, Microsoft MVP -- Excel

"spgandau" wrote in message ...
I am trying to use the mouse to select a cell, and based on that cell
selection, I want a macro to execute.....but I do not see any excel functions
or VBA functions that will activate upon any mouse click/selection.

Any help would be appreciated!

Gord Dibben

using mouse click events in macros

Events such as sheetbefore right-click and sheetbefore double-click will run
code.

See VBA help on mouse events.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Fri, 11 Apr 2008 20:25:31 -0700, spgandau
wrote:

I am trying to use the mouse to select a cell, and based on that cell
selection, I want a macro to execute.....but I do not see any excel functions
or VBA functions that will activate upon any mouse click/selection.

Any help would be appreciated!

Dave Peterson

using mouse click events in macros

Just to add, there is no event that will fire when you single click on a cell.

There is an event that will fire when you change selection--either by using the
mouse or by using the arrow keys or even Edit|goto.

--

Dave Peterson