-   -   Combine multiple Excel documents into one (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/409220-combine-multiple-excel-documents-into-one.html)

Tomas C

Combine multiple Excel documents into one

Howdy Folks,

I often work with laboratory analytical data that comes to me in
multiple spreadsheets. Before I bring these data into a database, I
combine the separate Excel files by hand into one. Is there a way to
accomplish this programatically? Here are some additional details:

The Excel files do not have consistent names. If possible, I'd like to
be able to specify a directory and combine every Excel file that
directory contains.

The files all have the same data structure (same number of identically
named columns), although the number of records in each Excel file will
not be the same.

Does anyone have any hints, or any code they'd like to share. I'm a VBA
rookie and I'm not sure where to start. Thanks in advance for any help.

Tom