-   -   Format Axis labels: change 20,000,000 to 20 MM (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/409140-format-axis-labels-change-20-000-000-20-mm.html)

[email protected]

Format Axis labels: change 20,000,000 to 20 MM

I have a graph that is driven off numeric data in a pivot table. The
labels on the X and Y axis are large numbers (e.g. 20,000,000) and I'd
like to change the format to shorten them (e.g. to 20 MM), thus
gaining myself some additional room to display data. If this can be
done, how can it be done?

Thanks in advance

Thomas Philips

Jim Thomlinson

Format Axis labels: change 20,000,000 to 20 MM

Right click on the Axis and select Format Axis. On the Scale tab select
Millions under Display Units. That should be close
--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson

" wrote:

I have a graph that is driven off numeric data in a pivot table. The
labels on the X and Y axis are large numbers (e.g. 20,000,000) and I'd
like to change the format to shorten them (e.g. to 20 MM), thus
gaining myself some additional room to display data. If this can be
done, how can it be done?

Thanks in advance

Thomas Philips

[email protected]

Format Axis labels: change 20,000,000 to 20 MM

Works like a charm -thanks a mill.