-   -   Shade differences in excel file (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/409100-shade-differences-excel-file.html)

[email protected]

Shade differences in excel file

I received an excel file that has a light grey shading. But when I
copy and paste the format to an excel file that I created, the shading
comes out light yellow. I ran some code to tell me what the
Interior.ColorIndex is and it returned 19 for both the grey cell and
the light yellow cell.

What's causing the difference? Is is simply a difference in excel
versions? I am working from Excel 2003 (the person I received the
file from is unavailable so I don't know what version they are using)

Gary Keramidas

Shade differences in excel file

try going to tools/options and on the color tab, click reset and see if that
helps

--

Gary

wrote in message
I received an excel file that has a light grey shading. But when I
copy and paste the format to an excel file that I created, the shading
comes out light yellow. I ran some code to tell me what the
Interior.ColorIndex is and it returned 19 for both the grey cell and
the light yellow cell.

What's causing the difference? Is is simply a difference in excel
versions? I am working from Excel 2003 (the person I received the
file from is unavailable so I don't know what version they are using)

Ivyleaf

wrote in message

I received an excel file that has a light grey shading. *But when I
copy and paste the format to an excel file that I created, the shading
comes out light yellow. *I ran some code to tell me what the
Interior.ColorIndex is and it returned 19 for both the grey cell and
the light yellow cell.

What's causing the difference? *Is is simply a difference in excel
versions? *I am working from Excel 2003 (the person I received the
file from is unavailable so I don't know what version they are using)- Hide quoted text -

The source workbook has had the colour palette customised. This
explains the different colours, but same colour index. If you want the
pasted data to have the same colouring, the easiest way is probably to
go 'Tools' - 'Options' - 'Colour' while the new workbook is active,
and use the 'Copy colors from' option. (This is assuming Excel 2003 or
lower, can't remember where the option has been moved to in 2007).

Cheers,

[email protected]

wrote in message

[...]

Cheers,- Hide quoted text -