-   -   Custom Toolbar (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/409075-custom-toolbar.html)

Josh O.

Custom Toolbar

I've been reading about adding custom commands/buttons/macros to a toolbar
and need some help.

I would like to be able to have a macro check for a certain button on the
"Standard" tool bar, and if it's not present, then add the button, and assign
a macro.

Your help would be greatly appreciated. I have tried it using the
techniques I have seen, but obviously I am missing something.

Ron de Bruin

Custom Toolbar

Hi Josh

Delete the button first in the code before you add it with code.
Something like this

Sub MenuBar_Item()
Call MenuBar_Item_Delete

With Application.CommandBars("Standard")
With .Controls.Add(Type:=msoControlButton, temporary:=True, befo=1)
.Style = msoButtonCaption
.Caption = "&Hi"
.TooltipText = "Hi again"
.OnAction = ThisWorkbook.Name & "!TestMacro1"
.Tag = "MyTag1"
End With

End With
End Sub

Sub MenuBar_Item_Delete()
On Error Resume Next
Application.CommandBars.FindControl(Tag:="MyTag1") .Delete
On Error GoTo 0

Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm