-   -   Accessing Excel files via ODBC (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/409019-accessing-excel-files-via-odbc.html)

[email protected]

Accessing Excel files via ODBC

Say my application is accessing Excel files via ODBC. Does Excel have
to be installed on the computer where my application is running?

Jim Thomlinson

Accessing Excel files via ODBC

While I have not tried it I would guess that it would need to be installed as
you need the ODBC driver to read XL.
--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson

" wrote:
Say my application is accessing Excel files via ODBC. Does Excel have
to be installed on the computer where my application is running?

I assumed Excel ODBC drivers can be installed independently from Excel