-   -   How to determine format? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/408997-how-determine-format.html)

Nils Titley

How to determine format?

In a CSV file, the dates can be formatted in General or Date format. I need
to be able to determine what the date format is.

It also appears that sort treats General and Date formats differently. Why
is that?

Thanks

joel

How to determine format?

A cell format general will return general as the number format

If Range("B1").NumberFormat = "General" Then
z = 1
Else
z = 2
End If