-   -   How to Determine if in Draw Mode? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/408892-how-determine-if-draw-mode.html)

TC[_10_]

How to Determine if in Draw Mode?

Hey All,

I was wondering if there is a way to determine when Excel is in draw mode
(i.e. click on the 'Select Objects' arrow on the Drawing toolbar)?

Thanks,

TC

JLGWhiz

How to Determine if in Draw Mode?

Not sure exactly what you are asking, but if you select an item like the
arrow from the drawing toolbar and the cursor turns into a tiny plus or
crosshair, then it is in drawing mode.

"TC" wrote:

Hey All,

I was wondering if there is a way to determine when Excel is in draw mode
(i.e. click on the 'Select Objects' arrow on the Drawing toolbar)?

Thanks,

TC

TC[_10_]

How to Determine if in Draw Mode?

Yes, but how to determine this programmatically using VBA?

"TC" wrote:

Hey All,

I was wondering if there is a way to determine when Excel is in draw mode
(i.e. click on the 'Select Objects' arrow on the Drawing toolbar)?

Thanks,

TC

Dave Peterson

How to Determine if in Draw Mode?

Maybe...

If Application.CommandBars("Drawing") _
.Controls("Select Objects").State = msoButtonDown Then
MsgBox "It's depressed"
Else
MsgBox "it's not depressed"
End If

--

Dave Peterson

TC[_10_]

How to Determine if in Draw Mode?

Hey Dave,

I'm sitting here smiling because I've been fiddling with the CommandBars
myself for the past 1/2 hour.

Agreed... I think that this is the way to go.

Thanks,

Todd