-   -   VBA - Finding the odd one out (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/408766-vba-finding-odd-one-out.html)

NateBuckley

VBA - Finding the odd one out

I have a list of data that follows like so:

A01
A02
A03
A04
A05
A06
A07
A08

I wish to Display only the Odd ones, so A01, A03, A05, A07 and so on, I know
the formula to do this but have no idea how to do it in VBA with code.

I'm guessing it's something to do with the % operator?

Thanks for any help

joel

VBA - Finding the odd one out

I don't know hwat you mean by display. To get the odd numbers should be
exactly like in the worksheet. use the RIGHT function

=Right(A1,1)

"NateBuckley" wrote:

I have a list of data that follows like so:

A01
A02
A03
A04
A05
A06
A07
A08

I wish to Display only the Odd ones, so A01, A03, A05, A07 and so on, I know
the formula to do this but have no idea how to do it in VBA with code.

I'm guessing it's something to do with the % operator?

Thanks for any help

joel

VBA - Finding the odd one out

I forgot to mention you need to use the MOD function not the %

a = 10 Mod 2

"NateBuckley" wrote:

I have a list of data that follows like so:

A01
A02
A03
A04
A05
A06
A07
A08

I wish to Display only the Odd ones, so A01, A03, A05, A07 and so on, I know
the formula to do this but have no idea how to do it in VBA with code.

I'm guessing it's something to do with the % operator?

Thanks for any help

Mike H

VBA - Finding the odd one out

Nate,

Your question isn't clear so I've asssumed you want to filter to show odd rows

Sub sonic()
Dim myrange, copyrange As Range
Lastrow = Cells(Cells.Rows.Count, "A").End(xlUp).Row
Set myrange = Range("A1:A" & Lastrow)
For Each c In myrange
If Mid(c.Value, 2, Len(c.Value)) Mod 2 = 0 Then
c.EntireRow.Hidden = True
End If
Next
End Sub

Mike

"NateBuckley" wrote:

I have a list of data that follows like so:

A01
A02
A03
A04
A05
A06
A07
A08

I wish to Display only the Odd ones, so A01, A03, A05, A07 and so on, I know
the formula to do this but have no idea how to do it in VBA with code.

I'm guessing it's something to do with the % operator?

Thanks for any help

NateBuckley

VBA - Finding the odd one out

Thanks Joel, I'll give it a whirl now.

I wanted to leave out what I wanted to do with the data afterwards, because
I didn't want anyone going to the trouble of then writing all that code for
me, as what you've just told me is precisly what I needed.

Cheers!

"NateBuckley" wrote:

I have a list of data that follows like so:

A01
A02
A03
A04
A05
A06
A07
A08

I wish to Display only the Odd ones, so A01, A03, A05, A07 and so on, I know
the formula to do this but have no idea how to do it in VBA with code.

I'm guessing it's something to do with the % operator?

Thanks for any help

dan dungan

VBA - Finding the odd one out

Hi Mike,

Using option explicit,

How would you define the variables?

Lastrow

Dan

Mike H

VBA - Finding the odd one out

Long

"dan dungan" wrote:

Hi Mike,

Using option explicit,

How would you define the variables?

Lastrow

Dan

Mike H

VBA - Finding the odd one out

Sorry Dan

Lastrow as Long
C as Range

"dan dungan" wrote:

Hi Mike,

Using option explicit,

How would you define the variables?

Lastrow

Dan

dan dungan

VBA - Finding the odd one out

Thanks, Mike.

I'm still trying to figure out how to dimension the correct data type.