-   -   Convert Employee Numbers to names in Excel (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/408698-convert-employee-numbers-names-excel.html)

Gary M.

Convert Employee Numbers to names in Excel

Hi,
I have several Excel Spreadsheets with lists of employee numbers (ex. 12345,
12346, 12347 etc.) I would like to automatically convert those numbers to
names (ex. 12345 = Smith, John). is there some way to do this with a macro?
Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

dennis

Convert Employee Numbers to names in Excel

Assuming you have a sheet with employee numbers and names listed, check out
the VLOOKUP function.

"Gary M." wrote:

Hi,
I have several Excel Spreadsheets with lists of employee numbers (ex. 12345,
12346, 12347 etc.) I would like to automatically convert those numbers to
names (ex. 12345 = Smith, John). is there some way to do this with a macro?
Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

Gary M.[_2_]

Convert Employee Numbers to names in Excel

Dennis, Thanks for the reply. I'm not sure if VLOOKUP will work. Basically
I'm scanning employee ID badges (ID #) into an excel spreadsheet for
attendance purposes. Each meeting may have different employees as well as be
in a different order. What I want to do is run a macro to read the employee #
and then "paste" their name behind it or in the next column.

"Gary M." wrote:

Hi,
I have several Excel Spreadsheets with lists of employee numbers (ex. 12345,
12346, 12347 etc.) I would like to automatically convert those numbers to
names (ex. 12345 = Smith, John). is there some way to do this with a macro?
Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

dan dungan

Convert Employee Numbers to names in Excel

Do you have a complete list of employee names and numbers in an excel
spreadsheet?

Gary M.[_2_]

Convert Employee Numbers to names in Excel

Dan,

Yes.

"dan dungan" wrote:

Do you have a complete list of employee names and numbers in an excel
spreadsheet?

Gary M.[_2_]

Convert Employee Numbers to names in Excel

I figured it out! Thanks for the info!!!

"dan dungan" wrote:

Do you have a complete list of employee names and numbers in an excel
spreadsheet?

dan dungan

Convert Employee Numbers to names in Excel

Alright!

Sorry, for not getting back sooner.