-   -   Requirements for graphical query results? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/408608-requirements-graphical-query-results.html)

[email protected]

Requirements for graphical query results?

I've been trying to create an excel parameter query but when I submit
it in MS Query, I constantly receive an error stating, "Parameters are
not allowed in queries that can't be represented graphically." Since
many posts state that this can be due to complex queries combined with
the simplicity of MS Query, I've dumbed it down to the simplest query
ever:

select v.vendorname
from Vendor V with (nolock)
Where v.vendorid = ?

Still I get the same error.

Can someone please tell me what the requirements are for query results
to be able to returned graphically? Any advice would be more than
helpful.

Thanks.