-   -   hide micros so you cant see password ? . (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/408593-hide-micros-so-you-cant-see-password.html)

Donald E

hide micros so you cant see password ? .

I like to hide my micros and lock them down so you can not change them.

Don Guillett

hide micros so you cant see password ? .

Make them PRIVATEprotect the macro project from MOST users.
When you say "you", you are not referring to many of us here.

--
Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel

"Donald E" wrote in message
I like to hide my micros and lock them down so you can not change them.

Rick Rothstein \(MVP - VB\)[_1612_]

hide micros so you cant see password ? .

You really should never store a password as text in any file (they tend to
be readable with simple text viewers); rather, you should use a one-way
encryption scheme (store the encrypted password, on entry by a user, encrypt
his/her entry and check that against the stored encrypted password)... try
Google'ing "hash encryption" to get some idea of this technique.

Rick