-   -   changing background color (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/408510-changing-background-color.html)

greg

changing background color

I am trying to change a background color of a cell.
I would like to do it with out "selecting" the cell.
When I run record a macro I get the following:

objRange.Font.in
With Selection.Interior
.ColorIndex = 36
.Pattern = xlSolid
End With

But is there any way to do it by:

Set objRange = Range("C4")
objRange.Font.Background ??????

thanks

Gord Dibben

changing background color

Set objRange = Range("C4")
objRange.Interior.ColorIndex = 36

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Fri, 28 Mar 2008 15:12:55 -0500, "greg" wrote:

I am trying to change a background color of a cell.
I would like to do it with out "selecting" the cell.
When I run record a macro I get the following:

objRange.Font.in
With Selection.Interior
.ColorIndex = 36
.Pattern = xlSolid
End With

But is there any way to do it by:

Set objRange = Range("C4")
objRange.Font.Background ??????

thanks

Ken

changing background color

Greg

You should be able to do it without selecting anything with something
like

Range("c4").Interior.ColorIndex = 36
Range("c4").Interior.Pattern = xlSolid

Good luck.

Ken
Norfolk, Va

On Mar 28, 4:12*pm, "greg" wrote:
I am trying to change a background color of a cell.
I would like to do it with out "selecting" the cell.
When I run record a macro I get the following:

* * objRange.Font.in
* * * * With Selection.Interior
* * * * .ColorIndex = 36
* * * * .Pattern = xlSolid