-   -   Finding, copying and pasting (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/408467-finding-copying-pasting.html)

[email protected]

Finding, copying and pasting

I want to get some code that will do a few functions for me. I have a
worksheet with 1000's of entries and I want to find and use only about
15 of them. I can find them by their name which is displayed in column
A, I then want to select the whole row and add it to a new worksheet.
I want to repeat this for the other 14 entries and add them to the
same new worksheet.

Any helpful thoughts?

joel

Finding, copying and pasting

Put the 15 entries from column A in a new worksheet. then write a macro tha
wil only move these rows. I didn't test the code below but will do the job
after it is debugged. It may even work first time. I wrote a lot of code
just like this in the past.

Sub move_data()

Workbooks.Add
Set newbk = ActiveWorkbook
NewbkRowcount = 1

With ThisWorkbook.Sheets("sheet2")
Sh2Rowcount = 1
Do While .Range("A" & Sh2Rowcount) < ""
SearchName = .Range("A" & Sh2Rowcount)
With ThisWorkbook.Sheets("sheet1")
Sh1RowCount = 1
Do While .Range("A" & Sh1RowCount) < ""
If SearchName = .Range("A" & Sh1RowCount) Then
.Rows(Sh1RowCount).Copy _
Destination:=newbk.Sheets("sheet1").Rows(NewbkRowc ount)
NewbkRowcount = NewbkRowcount + 1
End If
Sh1RowCount = Sh1RowCount + 1
Loop