-   -   Prevent conversion to date format (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/408436-prevent-conversion-date-format.html)

Robert Lipman

Prevent conversion to date format

Hi,

In VBA, how can I set a cell to '1-0' without it being converted to
date format such as Jan-00? I don't want a macro either. I'm
actually generating Excel spreadsheets with Tcl and not VBA, but the
VBA answer should suffice.

Thanks,

Bob

Peter T

Prevent conversion to date format

Manually, you said you don't want a macro

Select cells and Numberformat (ctrl-1)
Apply the 'Text' item, or type a @ in Custom

or with code
rng.Numberformat = "@"

Regards,
Peter T

On Mar 27, 1:52 pm, "Peter T" <peter_t@discussions wrote:
Manually, you said you don't want a macro

Select cells and Numberformat (ctrl-1)
Apply the 'Text' item, or type a @ in Custom

or with code
rng.Numberformat = "@"

Regards,
Peter T

"Robert Lipman" wrote in message

In VBA, how can I set a cell to '1-0' without it being converted to
date format such as Jan-00? I don't want a macro either. I'm
actually generating Excel spreadsheets with Tcl and not VBA, but the
VBA answer should suffice.

Thanks, but I need to do it in VBA, not manually either.

Bob

Kevin B

Prevent conversion to date format

Prefacing the entry with an apostrophe makes it a label and the following
snippet inserts the entry in the currently active cell:

Application.ActiveCell.Value = "'1-0"
--
Kevin Backmann

"Robert Lipman" wrote:

[...]

I'm confused, you said you don't want a macro so I showed how to do it
manually, but also I posted the equivalent VBA code.

Regards,
Peter T