-   -   return item from second column from2 column combobox (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/408424-return-item-second-column-from2-column-combobox.html)

vqthomf

return item from second column from2 column combobox

I am using cboMonth3(cboMonth3.ListIndex - 1, 1) but I get type mismatch can
someone help please?
Regards
Charles

NoodNutt

return item from second column from2 column combobox

G'day Charles

Not sure if this is any help to you, but here we go

I use Access, the first column in a combo is 0, then next is 1, and so on.

Type mismatch generally is if you try to insert text into a field that is
designated as value.

Essentially if your cell is formatted as a number and your second column is
text, that will give you the error.

Again, in access, in the AfterUpdate of a Combo you can pass the value of
what is in your second column to another field. eg

This is a piece of VBA code

Private Sub CSubCombo_AfterUpdate()
Me.CustomerState = Me.CSubCombo.Column(1)
Me.CustomerPC = Me.CSubCombo.Column(2)
DoCmd.GoToControl "PhoneBus"
End Sub

I'm not sure of the equivalent in VB.

Try passing your second column value to another cell with a General format
and see if it solves your problem.

HTH
Mark.