-   -   WCTrendline equation (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/408360-wctrendline-equation.html)

PWillis

WCTrendline equation

Hello,

I am plotting a WCTrendline with an equation over a scatter plot.
The default position of the equation sometimes ends up
covering the points in my scatter plot.

Is there a way to specifically set the position of the equation
for the trend line, other than the default?

Thanks for any pointers,

Tushar Mehta (Microsoft MVP Excel 2000-2008)

WCTrendline equation

I am not sure what a WCTrendline is, but if it is like other
trendlines, the way it appears on the chart is a result of the
calculated trendline parameters. You cannot shift the trendline
without changing the parameters and if you do so it won't be a
trendline that best reflects the trend of the plotted data.

So, bottom line, no, you cannot / should not shift the trendline just
because of aesthetic appeal. You may be able to change how the
trendline looks. Right-click on it and check out the available
options.

Tushar Mehta (Microsoft MVP Excel 2000-2008) wrote:
I am not sure what a WCTrendline is, but if it is like other
trendlines, the way it appears on the chart is a result of the
calculated trendline parameters. You cannot shift the trendline
without changing the parameters and if you do so it won't be a
trendline that best reflects the trend of the plotted data.

So, bottom line, no, you cannot / should not shift the trendline just
because of aesthetic appeal. You may be able to change how the
trendline looks. Right-click on it and check out the available
options.

I decided to suppress the default equation and
put a text area outside the chart for the equation
and rsq values which I gleaned by
using 'application.worksheetfunctions' .

After an application works and is in use,
**IT'S ALL ABOUT AESTHETICS**

The end user never cares what's under the hood
they just want the car to be shiny red.