-   -   UNDO DELEING ROW AND POPUP WARNING MESSAGE (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/408325-undo-deleing-row-popup-warning-message.html)

K[_2_]

UNDO DELEING ROW AND POPUP WARNING MESSAGE

Hi, I have two macros set on two buttons in my spreadsheet. One macro
add entire row and one macro delete entire row. I want macro in my
Sheet Module that if I cross deleting rows by deleting row macro from
Row 20 in sheet then Message should come up saying that "YOU CANT
DELETE ROWS FROM THIS LINE" and undo the delete row. But below from
Row 20 it should not say anything. Please if anybody help. Thanks

Mike H

UNDO DELEING ROW AND POPUP WARNING MESSAGE

Hi,

A look at your code would have been helpful. Does this help?

Sub stance()
myrow = ActiveCell.Row
If myrow <= 20 Then
MsgBox "You can't delete a row number less than 20"
Else
Rows(myrow).EntireRow.Delete

Mike

"K" wrote:

Hi, I have two macros set on two buttons in my spreadsheet. One macro
add entire row and one macro delete entire row. I want macro in my
Sheet Module that if I cross deleting rows by deleting row macro from
Row 20 in sheet then Message should come up saying that "YOU CANT
DELETE ROWS FROM THIS LINE" and undo the delete row. But below from
Row 20 it should not say anything. Please if anybody help. Thanks

Per Jessen

UNDO DELEING ROW AND POPUP WARNING MESSAGE

Hi

Try this before the delete statement.

If activecell.row<= 20 then
msgbox ("You cant delete ....")
exit macro
end if

Regards,

Per

On Mar 26, 9:28*am, "Per Jessen" wrote:
Hi

Try this before the delete statement.

If activecell.row<= 20 then
* * msgbox ("You cant delete ....")
* * exit macro
end if

Regards,

Per

"K" skrev i ...

Hi, I have two macros set *on two buttons in my spreadsheet. One macro
add entire row and one macro delete entire row. I want macro in my
Sheet Module that if I cross deleting rows by deleting row macro from
Row 20 in sheet then Message should come up saying that "YOU CANT
DELETE ROWS FROM THIS LINE" and undo the delete row. *But below from
Row 20 it should not say anything. Please if anybody help. * * Thanks- Hide quoted text -

please see the code below the one delete the rows. I have tried
putting macro the one you told me but its not working.
Sub DeleteLines()
Dim StartRow As Long
StartRow = Cells(Rows.Count, 2).End(xlUp).Row
Cells(StartRow, 1).EntireRow.Delete
End Sub

Mike H

UNDO DELEING ROW AND POPUP WARNING MESSAGE

Maybe

Sub DeleteLines()
Dim StartRow As Long
StartRow = Cells(Rows.Count, 2).End(xlUp).Row
If StartRow = 20 Then
Cells(StartRow, 1).EntireRow.Delete
Else
MsgBox "You can't delete a row under 20"

Mike

"K" wrote:
[...]

End Sub- Hide quoted text -

Thanks Mike that what i want