-   -   XlBuiltInDialog.xlDialogPatterns (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/408309-xlbuiltindialog-xldialogpatterns.html)

Laura Battarbee

XlBuiltInDialog.xlDialogPatterns

I am trying to show the format shape dialog in Excel 2007 programatically
when a line is selected, but the below code does not show the form or throw
an exception either, anyone have any ideas?
I have tried setting screen updating to true.

Microsoft.Office.Interop.Excel.Line object it selected

Application.Dialogs[Microsoft.Office.Interop.Excel.XlBuiltInDialog.xlD ialogPatterns].Show(missing,
missing, missing, missing, missing, missing, missing, missing, missing,
missing, missing, missing, missing, missing, missing, missing, missing,
missing, missing, missing, missing, missing, missing, missing, missing,
missing, missing, missing, missing, missing);

Jim Rech[_2_]

XlBuiltInDialog.xlDialogPatterns

I know zero about 'interop' but the VB equivalent works:
Application.Dialogs(xlDialogPatterns).Show

Have you had success showing any built-in dialog? I mean, are you sure it's
possible?

--
Jim
"Laura Battarbee" wrote in
|I am trying to show the format shape dialog in Excel 2007 programatically
| when a line is selected, but the below code does not show the form or
throw
| an exception either, anyone have any ideas?
| I have tried setting screen updating to true.
|

| Microsoft.Office.Interop.Excel.Line object it selected

Application.Dialogs[Microsoft.Office.Interop.Excel.XlBuiltInDialog.xlD ialogPatterns].Show(missing,
| missing, missing, missing, missing, missing, missing, missing, missing,
| missing, missing, missing, missing, missing, missing, missing, missing,
| missing, missing, missing, missing, missing, missing, missing, missing,
| missing, missing, missing, missing, missing);

Laura Battarbee

XlBuiltInDialog.xlDialogPatterns

Thanks Jim.

Tried it in VBA too...

With a line object selected I am able to run the code
"Application.Dialogs(xlDialogPatterns).Show" in Excel 2003, but in Excel 2007
the line of code does nothing.

I think the dialog box has changed between the versions. For example in
2003 the dialog box has the title "Format AutoShape" whereas in 2007 it says
"Format Shape" and has a lot more going on in it (has the line style tab
selected).

Anyone know how to call the 2007 dialog box?

Jim Rech[_2_]

XlBuiltInDialog.xlDialogPatterns

but in Excel 2007 the line of code does nothing.

Not so for me. With a line selected I get the "Format Object" dialog which
appears to be the same thing as the "Format AutoShape" dialog in Excel 2003.

--
Jim
"Laura Battarbee" wrote in