-   -   Lookup data for a range of dates (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/408224-lookup-data-range-dates.html)

Kev - Radio Man

Lookup data for a range of dates

Hi, I wish to use some data in my excel 2003 that will allow me to see data
for a range of dates.
In this case I have the first column as dates going back a few years, across
the top employees names.
I want to select past week, past month, past year, or a select date range.
Then loopup an employee, and display the number of un-planed leave, sick,
domestic, Special leave etc,

Can I please get some help.

Thanks Kevin.

Mike H

Lookup data for a range of dates

One way

Column of dates in Col A startitn in A2
Names in Row 1
Start date to report on J1
End date to report on K1
Employee name L1
Code to sum M1 (E,e UL for unplanned leave, s for sick etc)
the formula
=SUMPRODUCT((A2:A40J1)*(A2:A40<K1)*(B1:I1=L1)*(B2 :I40=M1))

Mike