-   -   Including Solver Tool in a Macro (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/408146-including-solver-tool-macro.html)

JoLeigh

Including Solver Tool in a Macro

I'm just beginning to learn about Macros and VBA. I tried to create a macro
(where the macro was created based on my keystrokes) where one of the steps
was to solve a linear program using Solver. I got an error. I didn't know
if I did it incorrectly or if this is beyond the scope of macros. Is it
possible to run Solver (and other other tools) as part of a Macro?

Many thanks for any help!

Gary''s Student

Including Solver Tool in a Macro

From VBA Help:

"Before you use this function, you must establish a reference to the Solver
add-in. With a Visual Basic module active, click References on the Tools
menu, and then select the Solver.xla check box under Available References. If
Solver.xla doesn't appear under Available References, click Browse and open
Solver.xla in the \Office\Library subfolder."
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200775

"JoLeigh" wrote:

I'm just beginning to learn about Macros and VBA. I tried to create a macro
(where the macro was created based on my keystrokes) where one of the steps
was to solve a linear program using Solver. I got an error. I didn't know
if I did it incorrectly or if this is beyond the scope of macros. Is it
possible to run Solver (and other other tools) as part of a Macro?

Many thanks for any help!

JoLeigh

Including Solver Tool in a Macro

Thanks much!