-   -   Peak Detection Approach (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/408126-peak-detection-approach.html)

John Morgan

Peak Detection Approach

I have a data logger dumping data to an excel sheet. The data is noisy but
starts with a baseline and then there is a peak. The signal returns to
baseline.

I need to find the initial baseline value and the final baseline value with
an automatic routine. I was thinking of starting smoothing function to
reduce noise. Then a derivative to find the start and stop of the peak.
Then calculate baseline avg before and after the peak.

I am knowledgable in excel and macros but not in programming. Any
suggestions on approach and functions?