-   -   Source data for pivot table to point to cell on worksheet? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/408125-source-data-pivot-table-point-cell-worksheet.html)

J.W. Aldridge

Source data for pivot table to point to cell on worksheet?

I have several pivot tables on one page. They all have the same source
data. Is there a way to point the source data to a particular cell on
a worksheet?

Example: In the source data for the pivot table, point to cell A1 on
Sheet1 to find out where to look.

In sheet one will be the data range (i.e.) : Sheet1!$A$2:$F$18

This way, I can change the source for the entire sheet by changing
what's in cell A1.

Any clues?
thanx!