-   -   how do I use r1c1 notation in excel? just doing "=r2c3" not work (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/408069-how-do-i-use-r1c1-notation-excel-just-doing-%3Dr2c3-not-work.html)

sma

how do I use r1c1 notation in excel? just doing "=r2c3" not work

I need to use r1c1-style in excel formula.
when I do for example "=r2c3", excel reports an error. How do I use r1c1
style in formula?

thanks,

Barb Reinhardt

how do I use r1c1 notation in excel? just doing "=r2c3" not work

If you are entering it into a cell in 2003, you need to set the options
correctly.

It's Tools - Options - General

Check R1C1 reference style.

If that's not the problem, let me know.
--
HTH,
Barb Reinhardt

"sma" wrote:

I need to use r1c1-style in excel formula.
when I do for example "=r2c3", excel reports an error. How do I use r1c1
style in formula?

thanks,

JLGWhiz

how do I use r1c1 notation in excel? just doing "=r2c3" not work

To use the r1c1 style, click ToolsOptionsGeneral then check R1C1 Style and
click OK. You can then use that style in formulas, but all formulas must use
that style.
To change back, simply follow the same path and uncheck the R1C1 Style.

"sma" wrote:

I need to use r1c1-style in excel formula.
when I do for example "=r2c3", excel reports an error. How do I use r1c1
style in formula?

thanks,

Barb Reinhardt

how do I use r1c1 notation in excel? just doing "=r2c3" not wo

How did you get the Silver Level contributor to show next to your name?
Thanks,
Barb Reinhardt

"sma" wrote:

I need to use r1c1-style in excel formula.
when I do for example "=r2c3", excel reports an error. How do I use r1c1
style in formula?

thanks,

JLGWhiz

how do I use r1c1 notation in excel? just doing "=r2c3" not wo

I got the bronze first. They show up on their own after so many responses to
postings.