-   -   spreadsheet coming up read-only but only across network (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/408052-spreadsheet-coming-up-read-only-but-only-across-network.html)

MattE

spreadsheet coming up read-only but only across network

I've got a spreadsheet file I've put some VBA code into and it works
fine when opened on the machine where it's stored. But when I open it
across the network on another machine it comes up Read-Only! The
folder permissions are read/write. Also, it seems that older
spreadsheets (with less of my code in them) in that same folder come
up ok (not Read-Only). Not sure what else to check!

MattE

On Mar 20, 9:24*am, MattE wrote:
I've got a spreadsheet file I've put some VBA code into and it works
fine when opened on the machine where it's stored. *But when I open it
across the network on another machine it comes upRead-Only! *The
folder permissions are read/write. *Also, it seems that older
spreadsheets (with less of my code in them) in that same folder come
up ok (notRead-Only). *Not sure what else to check!

Turns out it's not every machine on the network, just one.