-   -   Rund VB code on one tab while on another (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/408000-rund-vbulletin-code-one-tab-while-another.html)

Greg H.[_3_]

Rund VB code on one tab while on another

I have Sheet1 and Sheet2. There is a Public Sub on Sheet2 that sends out
emails based on data on Sheet2. I would like to be able to click a button on
Sheet1 and run the Public Sub on Sheet2. When i try to use Application.Run
"email" i get the error "Run-time error '1004': Applicaiton-defined or
object-defined error"

Any ideas?

Jim Thomlinson

Rund VB code on one tab while on another

You can just use Call but you need to reference the sheet.

Call Sheets("Sheet2").MySub
--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson

"Greg H." wrote:

I have Sheet1 and Sheet2. There is a Public Sub on Sheet2 that sends out
emails based on data on Sheet2. I would like to be able to click a button on
Sheet1 and run the Public Sub on Sheet2. When i try to use Application.Run
"email" i get the error "Run-time error '1004': Applicaiton-defined or
object-defined error"

Any ideas?

Jon Peltier

Run VB code on one tab while on another

You should probably move the procedure to a regular code module, not a class
module (the sheet modules are class modules attached to the sheets). Then
you can easily call it from anywhere.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP