-   -   variable row on fill? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/407959-variable-row-fill.html)

John

variable row on fill?

Range("A3").Select
Selection.End(xlDown).Select
Row = ActiveCell.Row

Range("M4:W4").Select
Selection.AutoFill Destination:=Range("m4:E" & Row)
Range("m4:E" & Row).Select

The auto fill line doesn't work any thoughts are appreciated. thanks

Tom Hutchins

variable row on fill?

Please see Bob Phillips' response to your identical post from yesterday. If
you check the VBA help on AutoFill, it says the destination range must
include the source range. In other words, you have to autofill to the same
column(s) and include the source range, just as if you were autofilling the
range manually. My suggestion is that you first copy or move the source range
to e4:m4, then autofill down from there. However, your current source range
(M4:W4) includes 11 columns, but your destination range only includes 9
columns.

Hope this helps,

Hutch

"John" wrote:

Range("A3").Select
Selection.End(xlDown).Select
Row = ActiveCell.Row

Range("M4:W4").Select
Selection.AutoFill Destination:=Range("m4:E" & Row)
Range("m4:E" & Row).Select

The auto fill line doesn't work any thoughts are appreciated. thanks

John

variable row on fill?

thanks tom, my internet timed out yesterday and I didn't see the post. thanks