-   -   Print Macro Problem (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/407949-print-macro-problem.html)

access user

Print Macro Problem

Hi

My print macro works if I run it from the sheet that I want to print, but if
I am on another sheet, it appears to do nothing. I actually want a button on
another sheet and want to print the sheet in question, without having to
select that sheet first. My macro is below:

Sub PrintAll()
With Sheets("CoverSheet")
For i = 1 To Range("D48")

Range("N1").Value = i
ActiveWindow.SelectedSheets.PrintOut Copies:=1, Collate:=True

Next i
End With
End Sub

Any ideas?
tia
James

Jim Cone

Print Macro Problem

Dots, dots, dots...

Sub PrintAll()
With Sheets("CoverSheet")
For i = 1 To .Range("D48")
.Range("N1").Value = i
.PrintOut Copies:=1, Collate:=True
Next i
End With
Jim Cone
San Francisco, USA
(Excel Add-ins / Excel Programming)

"access user"
wrote in message
Hi
My print macro works if I run it from the sheet that I want to print, but if
I am on another sheet, it appears to do nothing. I actually want a button on
another sheet and want to print the sheet in question, without having to
select that sheet first. My macro is below:

Sub PrintAll()
With Sheets("CoverSheet")
For i = 1 To Range("D48")

Range("N1").Value = i
ActiveWindow.SelectedSheets.PrintOut Copies:=1, Collate:=True

Next i
End With
End Sub

Any ideas?
tia
James

access user

Print Macro Problem

I see the point Jim :-)

What do those dots mean? It works now but just curious as to why those dots
are so important.

thanks
James

"Jim Cone" wrote:

Dots, dots, dots...

Sub PrintAll()
With Sheets("CoverSheet")
For i = 1 To .Range("D48")
.Range("N1").Value = i

wrote in message
Hi
My print macro works if I run it from the sheet that I want to print, but if
I am on another sheet, it appears to do nothing. I actually want a button on
another sheet and want to print the sheet in question, without having to
select that sheet first. My macro is below:

Sub PrintAll()
With Sheets("CoverSheet")
For i = 1 To Range("D48")

Range("N1").Value = i
ActiveWindow.SelectedSheets.PrintOut Copies:=1, Collate:=True

Next i
End With
End Sub

Any ideas?
tia
James

Jim Cone

Print Macro Problem

Dots connect objects with their properties and methods.
With Sheets("CoverSheet")
Range("D48") 'is on the active sheet.
.Range("D48") 'is on Sheets("CoverSheet")
End With
--

wrote in message
I see the point Jim :-)

What do those dots mean? It works now but just curious as to why those dots
are so important.
thanks
James

"Jim Cone" wrote:
Dots, dots, dots...

Sub PrintAll()
With Sheets("CoverSheet")
For i = 1 To .Range("D48")
.Range("N1").Value = i

wrote in message
Hi
My print macro works if I run it from the sheet that I want to print, but if
I am on another sheet, it appears to do nothing. I actually want a button on
another sheet and want to print the sheet in question, without having to
select that sheet first. My macro is below:

Sub PrintAll()
With Sheets("CoverSheet")
For i = 1 To Range("D48")

Range("N1").Value = i
ActiveWindow.SelectedSheets.PrintOut Copies:=1, Collate:=True

Next i
End With
End Sub

Any ideas?
tia
James

access user

Print Macro Problem

Thanks Jim.
James

wrote in message
I see the point Jim :-)

What do those dots mean? It works now but just curious as to why those dots
are so important.
thanks
James

"Jim Cone" wrote: