-   -   Hiding columns (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/407944-re-hiding-columns.html)

davethewelder

Hiding columns

Hi, thanks for the promt reply. In the report there are a possibility of 19
column headings but depending on the selection criteia the number will vary.
All the blank rows will be at the end and I wish to eliminate them to ensure
they do not appear in the graph.

Davie

"Don Guillett" wrote:

Do you know which columns. Are they together or at the start/end of the
data?

--
Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel

"davethewelder" wrote in message
hi, I have a spreadsheet with 20 columns but the report which supplies
this
spreadsheet will supply less than the 20 coumns of information. I want to
graph this data but I cannot figure out how to hide the blank columns.
Can anyone help?

Cheers,

Davie

Don Guillett

Hiding columns

Please RE-read my question.

--

"Don Guillett" wrote:

Do you know which columns. Are they together or at the start/end of the
data?

--
Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel
SalesAid Software

"davethewelder" wrote in
message
hi, I have a spreadsheet with 20 columns but the report which supplies
this
spreadsheet will supply less than the 20 coumns of information. I want
graph this data but I cannot figure out how to hide the blank columns.
Can anyone help?

Cheers,

Davie

davethewelder

Hiding columns

Don, all the blank columns will be at the end of the range. I want to
eliminate them and then set the graph parameters to the resulting range.

Davie

"Don Guillett" wrote:

Please RE-read my question.

--

"Don Guillett" wrote:

Do you know which columns. Are they together or at the start/end of the
data?

--
Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel
SalesAid Software

"davethewelder" wrote in
message
hi, I have a spreadsheet with 20 columns but the report which supplies
this
spreadsheet will supply less than the 20 coumns of information. I want
graph this data but I cannot figure out how to hide the blank columns.
Can anyone help?

Cheers,

Davie

Don Guillett

Hiding columns

something like this should do it for you. Assumes last data has something in
row TWO
Sub hidecolumns()
lc = Cells(2, Columns.Count).End(xlToLeft).Column + 1
'MsgBox lc
Range(Cells(1, lc), Cells(1, 20)).EntireColumn.Hidden = True

Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel
SalesAid Software

"davethewelder" wrote in message
Don, all the blank columns will be at the end of the range. I want to
eliminate them and then set the graph parameters to the resulting range.

Davie

"Don Guillett" wrote:

Please RE-read my question.

--