-   -   Request for design ideas moving from data entry in spreadsheet toUserForm (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/407926-request-design-ideas-moving-data-entry-spreadsheet-touserform.html)

dan dungan

Request for design ideas moving from data entry in spreadsheet toUserForm

Hi Programmers,

Using Widows XP, in an Excel 2000 spreadsheet used
to generate part number quotes, there are 10 price-break categories
for quantities:

1-9,10-19,20-49,50-99,100-249,250-499,500-999,
1000-2499,2500-4999,5000 & Up.

The spreadsheet allows up to 3 instances of a quantity
in each price-break category.

So, there are 30 cells for entering quantities.

I'm attempting to automate the data entry by
developing a UserForm.

In looking for a way to speed up the data entry,
I thought about:

1. having one text box where the user enters
all the quantities separated by comma.
Then add some code--probably on the commit button,
to loop through the quantites in the text box
and populate the appropriate cell or,

2. To add 30 text boxes--one for each quantity cell.

Please help me with suggestions about how this
could best be laid out on a UserForm to
decrease data entry time and use the least
UserForm real estate.

Thanks,

Dan Dungan

Office_Novice

Request for design ideas moving from data entry in spreadsheet to

What about a listBox or comboBox or optionbuttons / ComboBox

A list box worked well for me. Try that first.

"dan dungan" wrote:

[...]

Good idea.

Thanks.