-   -   Linking worksheets (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/407891-linking-worksheets.html)

Liz

Linking worksheets

Hi,

I am working on a large workbook with many worksheets. The main worksheet
that i have is where i enter all my info on. The heading for the columns are
the months of the year. on the rows are the dollar amounts. The dollar
amounts I have them flowing into my summary sheets. Right now I am having to
change the summary formula every month because I need the new month to
reflect. I need to know if there is a formula ormacro that I can put in
that will change to current month I am working on automatically.

Any help you can give me I would appreciate.

Thanks

Dick Kusleika[_4_]

Linking worksheets

On Tue, 18 Mar 2008 08:49:00 -0700, Liz
wrote:

I am working on a large workbook with many worksheets. The main worksheet
that i have is where i enter all my info on. The heading for the columns are
the months of the year. on the rows are the dollar amounts. The dollar
amounts I have them flowing into my summary sheets. Right now I am having to
change the summary formula every month because I need the new month to
reflect. I need to know if there is a formula ormacro that I can put in
that will change to current month I am working on automatically.

I think OFFSET will work for what you want. Instead of linking to, for
example, Input!D3, you should link like

=OFFSET(Input!D3,0,Input!A1)

Where Input!A1 contains the month you're in. This formula says: Start at
D3, move zero rows away, and move a certain number of columns away as
defined in A1.
--
Dick