Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Detecting a change in a cell

Hi all,

I'm fairly new to VBA programming. I'm using Excel 2003. I need to
know when a particular cell (it's actually a single cell "range" called
MYRANGE) has changed. When I detect the change, I need to see if the
new numeric value in that cell is not zero; if it's non-zero then I need
to activate some code. Unfortunately that cell is changed via a
formula - so using Worksheet_Change is apparently not going to work.
That is, Worksheet_Change doesn't get triggered for cells of this type.

I tried using .OnTimer to repeatedly check the value of that cell, but
I couldn't get it to work very well.

It seems like there has got to be an easy way to trigger some code to
activate when a cell has changed (even for a cell that changes via a
formula). Thanks for any help!

-Brad