-   -   MACRO (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/407646-macro.html)

Rpettis31

MACRO

Is there a way to activate macros from different workbooks. I have several
workbooks I update in the am and was wondering if there was a way to have an
update workbook so to speak and update all the other workbooks from the main
workbook.

Thanks

Jim Thomlinson

MACRO

Application.Run ("yourfilename.xls!yourmacroname")

--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson

"Rpettis31" wrote:

Is there a way to activate macros from different workbooks. I have several
workbooks I update in the am and was wondering if there was a way to have an
update workbook so to speak and update all the other workbooks from the main
workbook.

Thanks

Rpettis31

MACRO

This is what I have and keep gettin a runtime 1004 error.
Application.Run ("G:\Receiving\Hot Containers.xls!teresa")

"Rpettis31" wrote:

Is there a way to activate macros from different workbooks. I have several
workbooks I update in the am and was wondering if there was a way to have an
update workbook so to speak and update all the other workbooks from the main
workbook.

Thanks

Dave Peterson

MACRO

The workbook with the macro has to be open.

Dim HotWkbk as workbook
dim HotWkbkWasOpen as boolean
set hotwkbk = nothing
on error resume next
set hotwkbk = workbooks("hot containers.xls")
on error goto 0

hotwkbkwasopen = true
if hotwkbk is nothing then
'it's not open, so open it.
'no checks here--you should add some
set hotwkbk = workbooks.open(filename:="g:\receiving\hot containers.xls")
hotwkbkwasopen = false
end if

application.run "'" & wkbk.name & "'!teresa"

if hotwkbkwasopen then
'leave it open
else
hotwkbk.close savechanges:=false