-   -   Border Problem (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/407633-border-problem.html)

Gary''s Student

Border Problem

In a worksheet, I have borders around cells C5 and E8 and F4 and each cell in
D15:G19.

When I run:

Sub next_tryx()
Range("A1:G19").Borders(xlEdgeBottom).LineStyle = xlNone
End Sub

The only borders that get cleared are the ones on the last row (D19:G19).

Why not the others?
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200773

JLGWhiz

Border Problem

Hey GS, you probably have to use xlInsideHorizontal.

"Gary''s Student" wrote:

In a worksheet, I have borders around cells C5 and E8 and F4 and each cell in
D15:G19.

When I run:

Sub next_tryx()
Range("A1:G19").Borders(xlEdgeBottom).LineStyle = xlNone
End Sub

The only borders that get cleared are the ones on the last row (D19:G19).

Why not the others?
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200773

JLGWhiz

Border Problem

P.S. extend your lower row by one to incorporate the last row of the range
you want to execute.

"Gary''s Student" wrote:

In a worksheet, I have borders around cells C5 and E8 and F4 and each cell in
D15:G19.

When I run:

Sub next_tryx()
Range("A1:G19").Borders(xlEdgeBottom).LineStyle = xlNone
End Sub

The only borders that get cleared are the ones on the last row (D19:G19).

Why not the others?
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200773

Rick Rothstein \(MVP - VB\)[_1453_]

Border Problem

You specified xlEdgeBottom for the the specific box surrounding A1:G19, not
all the edges for the various bordered areas inside. I think this should do
what you want...

Range("A1:G19").Borders.LineStyle = xlLineStyleNone

Rick

"Gary''s Student" wrote in message
In a worksheet, I have borders around cells C5 and E8 and F4 and each cell
in
D15:G19.

When I run:

Sub next_tryx()
Range("A1:G19").Borders(xlEdgeBottom).LineStyle = xlNone
End Sub

The only borders that get cleared are the ones on the last row (D19:G19).

Why not the others?
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200773

Stefi

Border Problem

I think because xlEdgeLeft, xlEdgeTop, etc. are independent properties and
borders of e.g. C5 are xlInsideVertical and xlInsideHorizontal relative to
Range("A1:G19").
You should use

With Range("A1:G19")
.Borders(xlEdgeLeft).LineStyle = xlNone
.Borders(xlEdgeTop).LineStyle = xlNone
.Borders(xlEdgeBottom).LineStyle = xlNone
.Borders(xlEdgeRight).LineStyle = xlNone
.Borders(xlInsideVertical).LineStyle = xlNone
.Borders(xlInsideHorizontal).LineStyle = xlNone
End With

if you want to remove all borders.

Regards,
Stefi