-   -   Code to insert check mark (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/407627-code-insert-check-mark.html)

jmcclain

Code to insert check mark

I found the following code in a post from 2005. I tried to follow the
instructions. I pasted the code in the view code and exited back to EXCEL.

i am trying to allow a user to click column D, E, and F and have EXCEL
automatically insert a check mark.

Am I on the right track? Can someone outline the process to "activate" this
code so it will work?

Thanks again

Jon

jmcclain

Code to insert check mark

Sorry, here is the code.

Private Sub Worksheet_SelectionChange(ByVal Target As Excel.Range)
If Target.Count 1 Then Exit Sub
If Target.Column = 1 Then
If Len(Trim(Target.Value)) = 0 Then
Target.Value = Chr(252)
Target.Font.Name = "Wingdings"
Target.Font.Size = 10
Else
Target.ClearContents

"jmcclain" wrote:

I found the following code in a post from 2005. I tried to follow the
instructions. I pasted the code in the view code and exited back to EXCEL.

i am trying to allow a user to click column D, E, and F and have EXCEL
automatically insert a check mark.

Am I on the right track? Can someone outline the process to "activate" this
code so it will work?

Thanks again

Jon

Bob Phillips

Code to insert check mark

Try this alternative

Const WS_RANGE As String = "D:E" '<=== change to suit

On Error GoTo err_handler
Application.EnableEvents = False
If Not Application.Intersect(Target, Range(WS_RANGE)) Is Nothing Then
With Target
.Font.Name = "Marlett"
Select Case .Value
Case "": .Value = "a"
Case "a": .Value = ""
End Select
me.cells(.row,"C").select
End With
End If
err_handler:
Application.EnableEvents = True
End Sub

This is worksheet event code, which means that it needs to be
placed in the appropriate worksheet code module, not a standard
code module. To do this, right-click on the sheet tab, select
the View Code option from the menu, and paste the code in.

--
---
HTH

Bob

"jmcclain" wrote:

I found the following code in a post from 2005. I tried to follow the
instructions. I pasted the code in the view code and exited back to
EXCEL.

i am trying to allow a user to click column D, E, and F and have EXCEL
automatically insert a check mark.

Am I on the right track? Can someone outline the process to "activate"
this
code so it will work?

Thanks again

Jon

jmcclain

Code to insert check mark

Thanks Bob,

I have pasted it worksheet code module. Does it have to be someone
"activated"?

I changed the column range to D:F, but nothing happens when I click cell D4.

Can you help?

Thanks

"jmcclain" wrote:

I found the following code in a post from 2005. I tried to follow the
instructions. I pasted the code in the view code and exited back to
EXCEL.

i am trying to allow a user to click column D, E, and F and have EXCEL
automatically insert a check mark.

Am I on the right track? Can someone outline the process to "activate"
this
code so it will work?

Thanks again

Jon

Bob Phillips

Code to insert check mark

No activation is required, it runs fine in those columns if you paste into
the worksheet code module.

--
---
HTH

Bob

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

[...]

addy)

"jmcclain" wrote:

I found the following code in a post from 2005. I tried to follow the
instructions. I pasted the code in the view code and exited back to
EXCEL.

i am trying to allow a user to click column D, E, and F and have EXCEL
automatically insert a check mark.

Am I on the right track? Can someone outline the process to
"activate"
this
code so it will work?

Thanks again

Jon

jmcclain

Code to insert check mark

Bob,

Thanks - got it to work. Had to exit and re-open the file.

Is there a way to "format" the check mark. Center it? Make it bigger? Bold?

Agains...thanks

"jmcclain" wrote:

I found the following code in a post from 2005. I tried to follow the
instructions. I pasted the code in the view code and exited back to
EXCEL.

i am trying to allow a user to click column D, E, and F and have EXCEL
automatically insert a check mark.

Am I on the right track? Can someone outline the process to
"activate"
this
code so it will work?

Thanks again

Jon

Bob Phillips

Code to insert check mark

All 3.

Const WS_RANGE As String = "D:F" '<=== change to suit

On Error GoTo err_handler
Application.EnableEvents = False
If Not Application.Intersect(Target, Range(WS_RANGE)) Is Nothing Then
With Target
.Font.Name = "Marlett"
Select Case .Value
Case "": .Value = "a"
Case "a": .Value = ""
End Select
.HorizontalAlignment = xlCenter
.Font.Size = 14
.Font.Bold = True

"jmcclain" wrote:

I found the following code in a post from 2005. I tried to follow
the
instructions. I pasted the code in the view code and exited back
EXCEL.

i am trying to allow a user to click column D, E, and F and have
EXCEL
automatically insert a check mark.

Am I on the right track? Can someone outline the process to
"activate"
this
code so it will work?

Thanks again