-   -   How do I invoke the "Reset" button in the VB Editior via code? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/407616-how-do-i-invoke-reset-button-vbulletin-editior-via-code.html)

Vinita

How do I invoke the "Reset" button in the VB Editior via code?

Hi,
I am writing a macro in an MPP.The macro runs fine for the first
time.But
the next time its run its popping up an Error.But again after clicking
the
"Reset" button in the VB Editor the code works fine again.

Is there any way that I can "Reset" in the code itself?So that it will
work
fine the next time its run.

In Debug mode, Im getting "Run time Error 1004 Method Cells of object
'_Global' failed at the following line of code.
Cells.Find(what:=subtask_name, lookat:=xlWhole,
searchDirection:=xlNext).Activate

Thanks in advance,
Vinita

Nigel[_2_]

How do I invoke the "Reset" button in the VB Editior via code?

It appears the search is failing. Try putting in line before the search
command e.g.

On Error Resume Next
Cells.Find(what:=subtask_name, lookat:=xlWhole,
searchDirection:=xlNext).Activate

Nigel

"Vinita" wrote in message
I am writing a macro in an MPP.The macro runs fine for the first
time.But
the next time its run its popping up an Error.But again after clicking
the
"Reset" button in the VB Editor the code works fine again.

Is there any way that I can "Reset" in the code itself?So that it will
work
fine the next time its run.

In Debug mode, Im getting "Run time Error 1004 Method Cells of object
'_Global' failed at the following line of code.
Cells.Find(what:=subtask_name, lookat:=xlWhole,
searchDirection:=xlNext).Activate

Thanks in advance,
Vinita

Vinita

How do I invoke the "Reset" button in the VB Editior via code?

ok....This would continue with the next statements of my code even after the
error occurs.But, it would not give me the required format of the excel I
need.

"Vinita" wrote in message
I am writing a macro in an MPP.The macro runs fine for the first
time.But
the next time its run its popping up an Error.But again after clicking
the
"Reset" button in the VB Editor the code works fine again.

Is there any way that I can "Reset" in the code itself?So that it will
work
fine the next time its run.

In Debug mode, Im getting "Run time Error 1004 Method Cells of object
'_Global' failed at the following line of code.
Cells.Find(what:=subtask_name, lookat:=xlWhole,
searchDirection:=xlNext).Activate

Thanks in advance,
Vinita

Andy Pope

How do I invoke the "Reset" button in the VB Editior via code?

Hi,

Assign the result of the Find to an object and remove the Activate method.
If the item is not found the Activate will cause an error.

The help file has example code, select Find and press F1.

Cheers
Andy

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info
"Vinita" wrote in message
I am writing a macro in an MPP.The macro runs fine for the first
time.But
the next time its run its popping up an Error.But again after clicking
the
"Reset" button in the VB Editor the code works fine again.

Is there any way that I can "Reset" in the code itself?So that it will
work
fine the next time its run.

In Debug mode, Im getting "Run time Error 1004 Method Cells of object
'_Global' failed at the following line of code.
Cells.Find(what:=subtask_name, lookat:=xlWhole,
searchDirection:=xlNext).Activate

Thanks in advance,
Vinita

Vinita

How do I invoke the "Reset" button in the VB Editior via code?

Actually in my program I am porting MPP data into an excel in a format.
And I checked the execution line by line and I find that the excel is
created and also the data it is searching is present in the excel.But Im not
able to figure out why then it is failing while search.

Thanks,
Vinita

"Vinita" wrote in message
I am writing a macro in an MPP.The macro runs fine for the first
time.But
the next time its run its popping up an Error.But again after clicking
the
"Reset" button in the VB Editor the code works fine again.

Is there any way that I can "Reset" in the code itself?So that it will
work
fine the next time its run.

In Debug mode, Im getting "Run time Error 1004 Method Cells of object
'_Global' failed at the following line of code.
Cells.Find(what:=subtask_name, lookat:=xlWhole,
searchDirection:=xlNext).Activate

Thanks in advance,
Vinita

Nigel[_2_]

How do I invoke the "Reset" button in the VB Editior via code?

Format? Your OP did not mention this. Please explain more fully what you
are trying to do

Nigel